Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Prescription

What should I do sir, what does it take?
M'lady's angry - since the daybreak.

Don't lie, dear sir- you put in 'daybreak'
Just so that it would rhyme with 'take'.
I know your tiff's but ten minutes old
Though seems hours to love's stronghold.
It's clear you're just a novice in this path -
Did she shout at you, a deluge of wrath?

Not at all- she's just puffed up as a cake.
(It didn't - the one she was going to bake.)
Woe the moment I said -"nice fresco it'd make!"
Is it too late now to correct the mistake?

Panick not, my friend - such a case as yours
A bunch of gladioli in a jiffy cures.
mind you this time, don't say a word -
a silence by silence, is to be conquered.

**
heh heh! Writing a silly poem cheers me up like anything...

--21st January 2006.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

- saksham

Friday, September 15, 2006 2:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home